Sunday, May 27, 2007

A Prayer for the Owen Meany's of the world

An excerpt from "A Prayer for Owen Meany", for my sweetie...

"I want you to meet him," she said to us all.

"You've dated him?" my grandmother asked.

"No! I just met him-just today, on today's train!" my mother said.

"And already you like him?" Lydia asked, in a tone of voice so perfectly copied from my grandmother that I had to look to see which one of them was speaking.

"Well, yes," my mother said seriously. "You know such things. You don't need that much time."

"How many times have you known such things-before?" my grandmother asked.

"This is the first time, really," my mother said. "That's why I know."
----
For those of you romantics, you must watch the movie "Before Sunrise." This excerpt, reminds me of that movie as well.

No comments: